European Patients’ Academy on Therapeutic Innovation (EUPATI) is an Innovative Medicines Initiative joint undertaking between the European Union and the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations. EUPATI is a patient-driven initiative to change the landscape in the EU by increasing the capacities and capabilities of well-informed patients to be effective advocates and advisors in medicines development. The project was launched in February 2012 and over the next 5 years it will work to create educational modules on all aspects of the development of new medicines.
EUPATI will make a substantial and measurable difference to patients, providing the tools and the knowledge for their meaningful involvement and empowerment in pharmaceutical innovation, safety of medicines and access to treatments. It will inform the lay and hard to reach patient community, raising public awareness of the development of new treatments.
Educational modules will be developed for the following areas:
1. Medicines development process from research to approval
2. Personalized and predictive medicine.
3. Drug safety and risk/benefit assessment of medicines
4. Pharmaco-economics, health economics and health technology assessment.
5. Design and objectives of clinical trials (& roles of stakeholders)
6. Patients roles & responsibilities in innovative medicines development
For more information, please visit the EUPATI website.